Registration for the conference
Regional Associations Meetings
• Africa and Middle East Depositories Association (AMEDA)
• Association of Eurasian Central Securities Depositories (AECSD)
• Asia-Pacific Central Securities and Depositories Group (ACG)
• Americas’ Securities Depository Association (ACSDA)
• European Central Securities Association (ECSDA)
Please note that lunch will be provided for each regional association in their own private meeting rooms so that the meeting can be conducted while people help themselves to food.
Dinner by each regional association’s own initiative.
Registration for the conference
WFC Board Meeting
WFC Board Members and any other member of any regional association and non-CSD associations like SWIFT, ISSA, WFE, ANNA, GLEIF etc. will be invited to attend as observers.
Lunch will be available for all attendees to the conference.
MC to open the conference : Thami ELGHORFI
Welcome by the Minister of Finance: Mr Mohamed Benchaaboun
Moroccan President of the Market Authority: Mrs Nezha Hayat
• Mr Mohamed Abdel Salam, Chairman of AMEDA
• Ms Fathia Bennis, Chairperson of Maroclear
• Mr Byungrhae Lee, Chairman of WFC
Session 1 Regional Associations burning platforms key issues
Moderator: Mr Byungrhae Lee, Chairman of WFC
• AMEDA- Mr Mohamed Abdel Salam
• AECSD-Arman Melkumya
• ACG- Mr Shariq Naseem
• ACSDA- Mr Jorge Hernan Jaramillo
• ECSDA- Ms Anna Kulik
Session 2 Cyber Security
Moderator: Marc Bayle de Jesse, Director General, Market Infrastructure and Payments at the European Central Bank
• Alain Raes - Head of the EMEA region of SWIFT and CE of Asia Pacific
• Roi Shaposhnik, CEO Goldnlinks
• Krishna Srinivas, CTO, NSDL India
Marc Bayle de Jesse, Director General, Market Infrastructure and Payments at the European Central Bank
Welcome Dinner - Fuego Latino
Dress code – Casual
MC to open second day of the conference : Thami ELGHORFI
Day Opening Remarks
Monica Singer, Chair of Agenda sub committee
Key note address- The future is Now
Joseph Lubin, Ceo and Founder of Consensys
Session 3 Blockchain is it an opportunity or threat and what should CSDs do to embrace the future business model?
Moderator: Vipin Y S Mahabirsingh, Managing Director, CDS Mauritius
• B3 - Andre Eduardo Demarco - Brasil
• Lina Hediah, MD MENA ConsenSys
• KSD-Mr Woochol Shin, Head of Innovative Technology team KOREA
• NSD-Mr Alexander Chekanov - Chief Architect Cindy Chen MD for post trade HKEX HONG KONG
• Cindy CHEN, MD for Post trade HKEX, HONG KONG
Session 4 Fintech technologies and how to embrace them
Moderator: Thomas Zeeb- Head of Securities & Exchanges SIX Group AG
• Pawel A. Stefanski- Middle East and Africa Banking leader from IBM
• Abhijit Akhawe-Accenture
• Daniel Thieke-MD and GM Settlement and Asset Services- DTCC
• Mr Sherman Lin, Chairman and CEO of TDCC Taiwan
Session 5 Expectations of CSD stakeholders. What have CSDs done to transform and meet expectations since WFC 2017? Have the expectations changed in the last two years and if yes how so?
Moderator: Bruce Butterill
• Nandini Sukumar – CEO WFE
• John Sienna, AGC
• Gerard Hartsink- Chairman of GLEIF
• Nasser Seddiqi, Director market and financial operations, Moroccan market authority
• Gokce Iliris-Head of International Relations & Corporate communications at MKK Istanbul
• Eila Kreivi from EIB
Breakaway sessions two topics run in parallel
Breakaway 1: Deals with the challenges of running the current CSD Business
R. Vivekanand -TCS
Mr. Boris CHERKASSKY, Advisor to managing director of INFINITUM Asset Services (observer of AECSD), on the topic «ASDI-Asian Settlement and depository initiative : the creation of ASD-Asian Settlement Depository».
Cross border links do they work? Is there a return on investment to be had?
Is there a better way to link CSDs using disruptive technologies?
The links that are in place are they efficient or can then be improved?
Lessons learnt from links that have been discontinued or failed to deliver value.
What are the most significant improvements that are needed to the core functions of the traditional CSD functions?
Is settlement efficiency in need of improvement? Have the risk management principles in the CPMI/ IOSCO document of 2012 been met as a standard across most CSDs?
In the light of decentralization initiatives should CDS be researching decentralized products and services in order to remain relevant into the future?
Breakaway 2: Deals with the challenges of running future that is unknown
What are the potential uses of technology for Capital Market Infrastructure?
Should CSD partner with fintech or develop their own solutions?
In which areas of the CSD core will fintech led innovation have the most impact?
Discuss the following fintech technologies and the impact on CSDs:
Which of the above have the most potential?
- Advanced Analytics
- Artificial Intelligence
- Distributed Ledger Technologies including Blockchain and in which application will they give the most efficiency and return on investment.
- Cloud Computing
- Quantum Computing
- Automation and Robotics
Discuss any use cases that have already been implemented
How could current business practices be modernized?
How can CSDs protect their core from erosion?
How can new business opportunities be identified?
What are the key controls and actions to be taken to avoid cyber attacks?
Refreshments will be provided outside of the two meeting rooms for people to help themselves while the workshops are taking place
19:00-22:30 and 23:00
Gala Dinner – At Dar Soukar
Dress code Smart casual which includes traditional dressing
Two set of transport to return from dinner at 22:30 and 23:00
Opening of third day by MC
Day Opening Remarks
Summary of the previous day discussions
Breakaway 1 Report back on outcome of the breakaway sessions held the previous day
R Vivekanand - TCS
Breakaway 2 Report back on outcome of breakaway session held the previous day
Moderator: Same as breakaway 2
Session 6: WFC key projects report back including ISSA
Moderator : Monica Singer
• Chairman of WFC- Mr Byungrhae Lee
• CEO of ISSA- Mr Josef Landolt
Session 7 Innovation and Diversification
Moderator: Mathias Papenfuss, Clearstream
• Maldives Securities Depository Company (Pty) Ltd- Mr Aushan Latheef, CEO
• Euroclear UK & Ireland, John Trundle, CEO
• Central Depository Company of Pakistan Limited, Shariq Naseem, head of product development and marketing
• Central Securities Depository of Iran, Mr Hossein Fahimi, CEO and Board member
• CDSL, India, Joydeep Dutta, Executive Director and Group Ltd (SDX), Thomas Zeeb, Chairman
• Monte Titoli S.p.A, Paolo Caniccio, CTO, LSEG, Post trade CTO Monte Titoli
• SIX Digital Exchange Ltd, Thomas Zeeb, Chairman SDX
Session 8 Cross border regulatory challenges in particular in different jurisdictions
• Dr Wenhua Dai, General Manager, CSDC China
• Umar Faruqui, BIS
• Ms Brigitte Daurelle, CEO Euroclear Belgium, France and Nederland
Session 9: Elite Panel on the Industry's Outlook
Moderator: Dominic Hobson
• Lieve MOSTREY, CEO, Euroclear
• Mr Mohamed Abdel Salam, CEO of MCDR
• Dr Stephan Leithner, Member of the Executive Committee, Deutsche Börse AG
• Mr P S Reddy, MD & CEO, CDSL, India
• Mr Hayk Yeganyan, CEO, NASDAQOMX Armenia
Presentation by WFC 2021 Host
ECSDA Chairman to announce the host city for WFC 2021
Mr Mohamed Abdel Salam as chairperson of AMEDA and Mr Byungrhae Lee, the Chairperson of WFC to close the conference.
Appointment of new WFC chairman being the Chairman of Ameda.
Closing Dinner At Chez Ali
Dress code: casual
Sightseeing - Dress casual